Edge Bonding in Burlington, ON
Composite edge bonding in Burlington, ON, is an effective dental treatment for fixing chipped, cracked ,discoloured, crowded and assymetrical teeth. This restoration technique involves applying a composite resin material to the edges of the affected tooth to improve its health , shape and function.
During the procedure, your dentist will apply tooth-coloured bonding material to the affected areas to improve their appearance. From start to finish, edge bonding in Burlington, ON, only requires one dental visit that lasts between 30 to 60 minutes and is relatively cheaper than other cosmetic treatments such as veneers and crowns, sometimes without even the need to freeze the teeth!
Why Edge Bonding?
Modern dentistry is vastly improving the dental options available to patients today. Some of these dental treatments, including edge bonding, restore your teeth both cosmetically and functionally and save you from incurring extra dental costs in Ontario.
Besides, edge bonding in Burlington, ON offers the following benefits to patients:
- Quickly repairs decayed teeth
- Restores chipped or cracked teeth
- Improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- Closes small gaps in between teeth
- Increases length of teeth
- It doesn’t require downtime or anesthesia
- Protects an exposed tooth root caused by gum recession
- Improves alignment of crooked teeth
Although edge bonding in Burlington, ON, doesn’t have significant risks, the composite resin material used isn’t long-lasting and requires proper oral care. For instance, the material can gradually chip. Also, the dental bonding material is more prone to discolouration compared to other dental treatments.
You can follow these dental care practices to maintain your newly bonded teeth:
- Avoid hard food and candy
- Avoid biting hard things such as ice, pens or nails
- To prevent discolouration, avoid beverages such as coffee, tea or tobacco for at least two days after treatment or as recommended by your dentist
- Schedule routine dental visits and checkups
With proper maintenance, edge bonding can last .However, if you notice anything out of the normal on your bonded teeth, you can call your dentist or schedule an appointment at Blossom Smiles Dental in Burlington and get it taken care of !
Let us Help You Achieve Similar Results
Let us Help You Make Your Smile Blossom
Maintain Your Beautiful and Healthy Smile With Our Comprehensive Dental Treatments
Book an Appointment
Fill up the form below and we will be
in touch to arrange an appointment