Crowns in Burlington, ON
Dental crowns or caps are common types of tooth restoration methods. If you see a crown, it highly resembles a natural tooth, only that it is hollow inside. The hollow part gives the cap an allowance to mount on top of a prepared tooth or an implant. Considering this, dental caps are suitable for:
- Protecting a weak or decayed tooth
- Holding together a tooth that is cracked or broken
- Covering a tooth with a large filling
- Restoring a worn-down tooth
- Supporting a dental bridge
- Concealing a discoloured tooth
- Completing a dental implant job
- Improving the appearance of an imperfect tooth
Although adults get the most benefit from crowns in Burlington, ON, kids can also take advantage of them. Crowns may be used to protect a baby’s tooth. Some kids have teeth that are vulnerable to decay, especially if the child can’t keep up with his or her oral hygiene at such a young age. If the tooth gets infected before the permanent one comes in, there are going to be complications. A practical thing to do is to protect the tooth with a temporary crown.
Types of crowns
There are different types of crowns available to suit each patient’s needs.
- Gold crowns are the most durable types of crowns. They are ideal for restoring molars or back teeth as they can resist chewing forces, acid attacks from food, and discolouration. However, they are pretty expensive in return for these advantages.
- Porcelain crowns may be as expensive as gold crowns. They are also very resistant to breakage and staining. Most patients prefer porcelain crowns because they are more similar to a natural tooth in shape, size, and colour. They offer the best durability and aesthetics for tooth restoration.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are also widely used.
Is the crown application painful?
The crown process is not painful at all. Rest assured that your dentist in Burlington will ensure you are comfortable and safe throughout your dental treatment. In such a case, you will be given anesthesia during the preparation of the affected tooth. If necessary, your dentist will offer sedation dentistry to help you relax more in your dentist’s chair.
Contact us today to schedule your next appointment!
Let us Help You Achieve Similar Results
Let us Help You Make Your Smile Blossom
Maintain Your Beautiful and Healthy Smile With Our Comprehensive Dental Treatments
Book an Appointment
Fill up the form below and we will be
in touch to arrange an appointment